Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Maryland comes to Texas

* Lots of pictures*

WOW!! What a fun weekend I had. My bff Tracy made the big trek down to the great state of Texas. We had the best weekend!! Of course I didn't expect anything less. I picked her up Thursday at the airport and we headed to dinner with my brother, his girlfriend and another friend of mine Kristin. We enjoyed Mexican and Margaritas at Tracy's request!! ;) After dinner Tracy, Kate and I headed out to a local wine bar. We were the only people in there and it was a great way to end the night. Its a new place in Houston and the atmosphere was really cool. Its called Corkscrewers. We really enjoyed sitting on the couches and having a glass of wine.

Kristin and I
Kate, Tracy and Me at Corkscrewers

Friday morning we woke up and headed to go get breakfast tacos. Tracy had no idea what a breakfast taco was. Seriously? The North doesn't have breakfast tacos. I would die, not literally :) My brother recommended an authentic Mexican place to get breakfast tacos and they did not disappoint. YUM they were so good and Tracy loved them. She was so excited to tell her hubby that we had tacos for breakfast. haha. I didn't know that apparently its a SOUTHERN thing. Then we headed for pedicures and to meet my mom for lunch. The rest of the day we spent shopping around town and showing Tracy my hometown. That afternoon we headed back to Lufkin and went out to Jazz on the Patio. Todd and I always love going to The Fredonia and sitting outside eating and listening to jazz music. We decided it would be a good place to take Tracy. The only bad thing was we got there kind of late and the only table left was the one right in front of the band, so the music was pretty loud. We could barely hear each other talk. It was a fun night though :)
Tracy and I at the Tea Room for lunch

Haha- We tried to take self pictures ;)
Saturday I showed her all around Lufkin and then we went back to Nacogdoches to do a little shopping. They have the cutest baby store there so I had to take her there. She got some cute things for jack including an outfit for his first birthday. Its an adorable Bailey Boys outfit. We spent the rest of the afternoon roaming around downtown Nacogdoches and I took her around my college campus. It was such a fun and relaxing afternoon. That night we decided to just pick up pizza to eat. We stayed up late scrapbooking and making cards. It was fun to just relax at home.
Notice my hair is curled. Tracy did it for me. I'm practicing on it looking that good again. I loved it like that. Thanks girl :)
Some cards Tracy made. Aren't they so cute?
Bentley loved Tracy :)

My messy craft/scrapbook room
Cards Tracy made for Jack to give to her parents. Aren't they so cute.
Isn't her little boy just the cutest thing ever.....LOVE HIM!!!
Cards for Lyndsey and Miss Addison :)
Sunday I had to take her back to the airport that morning. I was sad to see her go but so glad that she came and visited. We had such a great weekend and I can't wait to do it again soon. :)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

SO FUN! I love all your scrappy cards! And wine!! That's my kind of weekend :)

In This Wonderful Life said...

such pretty ladies!!!! how fun :)