I have so much to blog about lately but I haven't had much time. This past weekend I headed to Dayton to spend the weekend with my mom. I didn't get in until late on Friday night so Mom and I just hung out at the house and looked at all of my old smocked dresses. It is amazing how good my mom is at smocking. I never realized how much hard work it was. The dresses are beautiful and timeless. Her plan is to teach me one day too. We were suppose to sew this weekend but time got away from us and we never did. Hopefully next time I am in town she can start to teach me. I am really looking forward to it. My mom still has a few dresses that my Nana made and my baby shoes as well. It is so neat to look at all of that stuff. On Saturday my mom and I did what we do best and hit the town to go shopping. We got in a little bit of Christmas shopping. I went to DSW for the first time and I was in heaven. I am such a shoe fanatic and there were shoes everywhere. I could not believe I had never been there before. I may have bought a pair of shoes or two ; ) When we were headed home I saw this big black cloud of smoke and wondered what was burning, come to find out it was my moms work. The plant had caught on fire. One of the motors exploded and it was just a chain reaction. We drove over to the plant and got about a mile away. The smoke clouds were never ending, we could not believe it. Thank goodness just part of the plant burned, but the office building and their customs plant was okay. Most everyone was back at work on Monday and nobody was hurt. Saturday night I met up with my brother and his girlfriend and watched part of the Texas Tech game before heading over to my best friend Janci's new house . Neal cooked burgers and hot dogs and we enjoyed hanging out and catching up. I had a great weekend!! While I was gone Todd decided to go ahead and start on the Christmas decorations. He put garland over the mantle and a tree hanging over the mantle. (He also wanted me to let you know that he built this garland from scratch) He is already getting in the Christmas spirit. 






A work in progress...

2 comments:
i got a text when the whitehouse mantle swag was completed. i wish his love for the holidays would rub off on me. ba-hum-bug! :)
Your house looks great!!! I loved shopping with you on Friday.
Post a Comment