Monday, November 17, 2008

Weekend Recap

This weekend my brother and girlfriend came for a visit. I was so glad that we were finally able to get together. My brother and his girlfriend stay pretty busy on the weekends so when he called to see if they could come up of course I couldn't say no. We have been trying to get together for a while now and it finally worked out. They got in town Friday evening and we went to our favorite restaurant Hole In One. It seems that is where we always take company because its the best place to eat in town. Todd and I love the quaint atmosphere. After a delicious meal we came back to the house and gave them a tour and then sat out on the back porch and visited. We enjoyed catching up and hanging out, we didn't go to bed until really late and had to get it up early the next morning. We got up on Saturday morning to play golf. We set up to play 18 holes but only played 11 because we had to be off the course by noon. There was a women's golf tournament there that day. We all received golf lessons from the golf pro my brother. By the last couple of holes Todd, Kate and I were actually getting pretty good at it. I was upset that we had to end our golf game just as I was getting better. After golf we went and ate lunch at Cheddars and watched the Texas football game, then came home and took a much needed nap. I think Kate and I slept for about 3 hours, it was so nice. Saturday night we cooked out. I made my famous (yes I said famous) turkey burgers and onion rings. Kate and I literally had a pile of onion rings. Then Todd and Kate decided to just fry the leftover batter like a funnel cake. Pictures to come soon I promise. We were all in bed by eleven that night. My brother said that was the first time in almost 2 years he has been to bed that early on Saturday night and he was talking about how great he felt on Sunday from getting such good sleep. Todd told him he should try it more often..haha. On Sunday I layed around in my pjs most of the day and Todd put up some more Christmas decorations. I wanted to post more pictures of the decorations but Todd told me I had to wait. So don't fret the pictures will come soon enough. Overall we had a great weekend and I was so glad they were able to make it to good ol' Lufkin, Texas.

No comments: