This weekend on twitter everyone was talking about the Cooking Light cookbook. I have been in a cooking rut lately so I decided to google it and see what recipes I could find. All of their recipes are found online with pictures. What makes it even better is they are all super easy to make and don't take a lot of time. Sounds like my kind of cooking, plus they are all HEALTHY!!! I don't know about you but I love meal planning. It makes it so much easier to grocery shop and I save a TON of money. My grocery bill today was only $68.00!!! I remember when I used to go to the grocery store and spend over 150-200 dollars and then I would throw half of the stuff away because it went bad. If you don't meal plan I definitely recommend it. You will find yourself saving so much time and money. You won't have to think of what to cook every night because you already did it at the beginning of the week.
Without further ado here is my menu for the week. I will let you know how the 2 new recipes from Cooking Light turn out.
Monday- Hamburgers and Zesty Fries
Tuesday- Smothered Green Chile Pepper Chicken with Black Beans and Spanish Rice
Wednesday- BBQ Stuffed Baked Potatoes w/a Salad
Thursday- Peppercorn Pork Tenderloin w/ Grilled Asparagus and a Salad
Friday- Tuscan Garlic Chicken
I might change up the days and decide I want to cook something on a different day but this gives you an idea.
Monday, May 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
look at you being all organized!!! let me know how the recipes turn out...i am always looking for new ones!!!
have a perfect week!!!
I don't know what I'd do without meal planning! We've been going strong for 2 years now, and I cringe thinking about my grocery shopping before I got married. I wasted so much money!
Post a Comment