Saturday, May 8, 2010

Beach Trip to Destin

I am just now getting around to posting about my weekend trip to Destin Florida. This week has just been a busy week for us and I have felt totally exhausted every day. I think this past weekend was catching up with me. Let me warn you there are lots of pictures. Sadly I did not get any good pics of the beach because the weather was pretty much yucky! Boo :(

I flew in late Thursday night to ATL. It was about 11 and I was so tired so me and Jennifer (the brides sister) headed to bed. We got up early Friday morning and loaded up to head to the beach. We were so excited and hoping the weather would hold out for us. Unfortunately it did not. We got there around 2 on Friday and it was raining. We stayed at a wonderful condo right on the beach. Its a complex of condos. The place is called Villa Coyoba. This place was amazing and so big!!! I only got a few pics of it, but here is the website. Finally Lauren (the bride and Jenn's sister) arrived with all of her girlfriends. She had no clue I was coming and she was totally shocked and surprised. It was definitely worth it. I wish I would have captured the look on her face on camera. It was priceless!! It was so fun to be able to surprise her. We stayed in Friday night and hung out at the condo. We were all in bed by 9 o clock. I know, we are big party people right. haha. The beds were so comfortable, oh my goodness, I slept like a baby.

Saturday we got up and a few us decided to go take a morning walk on the beach in our pjs. The weather was still kind of yucky, it was so cloudy but at least there wasn't any rain. We all decided we were going to make the best of it no matter what. We got our bathing suits on and headed down to the beach, we ended up laying on the beach wrapped up in our towels because it was so cold. haha. It was funny to see a bunch of girls in their bathing suits trying to get some sun when the sun was nowhere to be seen. We finally got smart and decided to head up to the pool. We found out it was HEATED!!! It felt so good, we were so excited. We spent basically the rest of the afternoon in the pool and lounging. The sun was only out for about 1 1/2 and we soaked up every minute of it. None of us thought we were going to get any sun and then when we all headed in at about 5 o clock, every single one of us was BURNED!! Yep your right, none of us even put sunscreen on. That's what we get. haha. Saturday night we headed to dinner at Fishermans Wharf. The food was delicious and I definitely recommend it. After dinner a limo picked us up and we headed out on the town in Destin.


It was a great trip and I had tons of fun!!! I was so glad to be able to catch up with my two favorite girls. I can't wait to go back to Destin when hopefully the weather will be better.

No comments: