Thursday, October 9, 2008

Missing Dog

On Tuesday night Bentley went missing. I let him outside and then brought him back inside after a few minutes and then he was sitting at the door begging to go back outside so I let him. He was out there for about 10 minutes before I went back out there to get him and he was gone. Yes....GONE!! I couldn't find him anywhere. Since the hurricane we have had a hole in our fence from the tree that fell down and he has been getting in the neighbors yard. I figured thats where he was, but he usually comes back when I call him. This time he was not coming back and I couldn't hear him rustling around in the leaves. I finally heard him barking at the other neighbor so I knew he was back there. I kept calling his name and shaking his treat jar and nothing........ Todd was like don't worry about it, he will come back, but what he didn't understand is that Bentley is not the smartest dog. I walked around the whole house with the flashlight and nothing. I even got in the car and drove around the street. I was so worried about him. He was gone for about 45 minutes. The longest 45 minutes ever!! While I was at the front door crying, praying he would come back, here he comes up to the back door. I never knew how attached I really was. Bentley is our kid and a part of our family and if anything ever happened to him I don't know what I would do. Does anyone else feel this way about their dog?? I was so upset while he was missing, I never thought I was that attached, apparently I thought wrong!!

4 comments:

malee said...

Oh, no! I'm so glad yall found that little booder:) Just wait until you have a baby and clip her/his skin while cutting fingernails...you probably thought I was crazy, but it's THE WORST feeling ever!

Kim said...

awww kar that sux!!! i am so glad he came back! sweet bently! i miss ya tons! xoxo

Sang D said...

I almost called the DPS....yes Dog Protective Services...LOL...Just kidding...Glad that Bentley is home and doing well with his great parents.

Our Family said...

Hey Karah! You definitely need to come over and visit Addy. She will love for you to hold her! I am sure Josh would love to go to Morales some time. I think we are supposed to eat with one of his friends this Wednesday, but maybe the following week we will come!! My cell is 366-3078. Call if you want to come by!