Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Fun with Friends/Family

I had an extremely relaxing and fun weekend. My high school friend Kirby came into town for a visit. Todd and I have been begging her to visit for several months now and our schedules finally allowed it. We had such a good time just hanging out and catching up. We actually have known each other since we were little because we took dance together. We became close friends in high school and became even better friends through college. She is one of those girls that never meets a stranger and you can't help but love her.

Me and the Kirbster back in the day

She came in on Friday and we decided to take her to Jazz on the Patio in Nac. We drive there and they were not having Jazz on the Patio, so we decided to go to Auntie Pastas which was appropriate. Kirby first met Todd at Auntie Pastas almost 5 years ago. Thats crazy to believe it was 5 years ago when Todd and I had our first date. On Saturday we slept in, I cooked a pretty good breakfast and we hung out in our pjs most of the morning. We went and saw Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants that afternoon and then had a delicious dinner at Manhattan that evening. I didn't get any pictures the whole time she was here : ( Sunday evening we had Mark, Callie and Caroline over for dinner. We cooked Turkey burgers and onion rings. I happened to get some cute pictures of their precious daughter.


Caroline loves reddi whip just like her daddy

Mark had to add a little more reddi whip to his Strawberry Shortcake

Isn't she a doll


Hook em Horns.....She's a true Texas fan



Caroline loved the nutcrackers. She kept pointing to them.

1 comment:

Our Family said...

I can't believe how much hair Caroline has! She is so adorable! The whipped cream thing really does run in the family.....we even spray it in Lila's mouth when she is lucky!