Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Anna's First Trip To Lufkin

\
Aren't we so cute : )

I am sorry I have been lacking on the blogging. I promise I will try to do better. As well all know life starts to get in the way and unfortunately blogging is one of the things that goes on the backburner. I promise I am going to do better. I enjoy when people blog every day about their life and actually get upset when someone hasn't posted a new blog yet. It is not right for me to get upset if I am not even blogging myself, so here's to blogging more.

A few of the many invitations of parties and such I had this spring/summer

Last weekend I went to Houston(acutally dayton) to spend the weekend with my mom. It was a mother daughter weekend since I have not really spent much time with her lately, even though I have been in Houston alot recently. My life is finally starting to setle down where I have my weekends back. I have been gone just about every weekend since April for either a wedding, shower, baby shower, bachelorette party, or something else. I am enjoying finally getting to be at home and relax. Friday night I got to Dayton and my parents were having an ice cream social at their house for their church. I was a good little daughter and sat around and talked to everyone and tried to entertain them ; ) After everyone FINALLY left, me and the mama went out to eat at chili's because I was starving. We had a good little conversation and split the triple dipper. Gotta love that dish. On Saturday we woke up and got dressed and headed over to Bo Peep Shoppe. It's a little childrens boutique in Baytown that my best friends mom owns. We were going to see Anna that afternoon and we were so afraid she might not have enough clothes so we just had to stop in a get a little outfit ; ) If you know my sister and mother in law, then you know I am being sarcastic and how many clothes Anna already has. LOL. Anyways we each got her a cute smocked outfit (9 months) that she can wear in the spring time. We then headed over to Humble to go see my precious niece. I only thought she was cute at birth, she is getting cuter and cuter every day. I just can't seem to get enough of her. She is already such a joy and so much fun, I can only wait to see her little personality develop even more. Here a few pics from our visit.

Admiring my new niece

Isn't she just precious

I am a proud Auntie


My mom holding Anna

What a beautiful dress

She looks like a little baby doll

What a proud Mommy

I was excited to learn via text message from Todd on Monday that Malee and Anna would be making their first trip to Lufkin that day. I was so excited!! I felt like I had not seen Anna in a week even though it had only been a couple of days. Chris decided since Tropical Storm Eduardo was headed their way that Malee should pack up and come to Lufkin so they could miss the bad weather, so she gladly took his advice. I spent Monday evening at the in-laws holding Anna and enjoying every minute of it. Malee hasn't got much rest since Anna was born, as you can imagine, so we all took turns holding Anna while Malee got a little rest. Sharon and I started talking to Anna and telling her that she needs to tell her mommmy and daddy that they should move to Lufkin and she just started smiling away. I think Anna enjoys Lufkin and would love to live close to her Gigi and Pops, and Aunt Karah and Uncle Todd. It was too cute, too bad I didn't catch a picture. They headed back home today because Daddy (Chris) was missing them terribly. I believe they had a good visit in Lufkin and I know Anna enjoyed her first little road trip. Hopefully many more to come. A few pics from Anna's trip.

Sweet sleeping baby in her Lufkin nursery at GiGi's house
href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjBTIcjzTmqgW9aNGbe9ik0sRUwMY1RMM1Nw6iGBlWHfVHvKtfWO8VAMEyulSQZcfg1daBL3T9x8z08_YDYIH4c1SJGn0BiFoDneiNbqj80NGxnoQjEiCtXphcJZ3JVNdQDxGtuIgMxr45x/s1600-h/Anna+Malee+028.jpg">


Proud Uncle Todd

Anna loves her Pops


Anna and Aunt Karah


She does not care too much for the swing

No comments: