Sunday, August 31, 2008

Adventure In Crockett

A couple of weekends ago Me, Todd, Mark, Callie and Caroline all loaded up and headed to Crockett for the day. A Ford dealership in Crockett was going out of business and they were having an auction. We thought we could get some nice office furniture for The Main Event. It was quite interesting to say the least. Callie and I had never been to auction before and it was a little exciting. I see how people can really get into it. We ended up getting a few office chairs and a sign. We spent the day on the square going to all the little shops and just driving around town. It turned out to be pretty fun. I think Callie and I were pretty skeptical about going in the first place. We found the cutest little gift shop. They had some of the neatest things and I got this book called Fun and Creative Dates for Married Couples. We also came across Mark and Todd's next project. The building that Mark discovered is a former black seminary. It is the neatest building we have ever seen. The historical district of Crockett owns it. If the building were restored, it would be spectacular!! We also toured a prospective weekend retreat home. It was an older home built in 1890 that has been completely restored. It has 4 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, and a media room, library and 2 living rooms. Below are a few pics. Here are a few pictures of the building. I don't have any of the house : (
Let me know what you think.
On our way to Crockett. It was early morning....can't you tell




Saint Mary's


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my daddy was there! i think he talked to todd for a bit, too. crockett is a fun little town. christmas on the square is my favorite store there. i'm sure todd would LOVE it too! haha! :)