Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Turning Over A New Leaf

Yes that's right I am officially turning over a new leaf. This new leaf in my life is called getting in shape and eating right. My plan is to lose 10 pounds by Labor Day. That is about 5 weeks from now and hopefully if I can lose 2 pounds a week, I will make my goal. I started last week getting up before work and going to run/walk. I run at least 1 mile, sometimes 1 1/2 miles and walk the rest. If I don't get up in the morning then I definately go in the evening. We all know I am not a morning person so getting up way before it's time has definately been a challenge. I'm trying really hard though to stay motivated. I went to target yesterday to buy some more workout clothes to keep me motivated. I went to the grocery store on Monday because our pantry was literally empty. I think we might have had about 5 things in there. I cleaned it out because when I started looking for something to cook, half of the stuff was expired. We even had some things from our pantry shower when we were engaged still in there. That is pitiful huh...... At the grocery store I bought lots of fruit and veggies and chicken. I usually only go to the grocery store like once a month and it seems like I end up wasting alot of foods, and throwing half of it away because it goes bad before I can cook it. This time before I went to the grocery store I went through some of my cookbooks and picked out recipes. I made of list of about 10 dishes to cook and then made my grocery list. It worked out so much better because I didn't buy anything extra. I plan do to this every time so I can cook a variety of meals. I am going to try to go to the grocery store every 2 weeks. That might be a bit of challenge since I hate going to Walmart. I always feel like I cook the same thing all the time, so I am trying to do better. Everytime I go to Walmart I usually end up staying there for almost 2 hours. I go down every single eye in the food section to make sure I do not miss anything. Walmart and I have a love/hate relationship : )


My new workout clothes

My IPod Shuffle

My arrangement of fruits and vegetables

2 comments:

Nancy Hicks said...

Karah, I am just like you about Wal Mart. I hate to go but once I am there I stay forever and look around. Your plan sounds like a good one. Nancy

Our Family said...

I have to tell you that mom and I talked about how cute you looked when I was home and you are in great shape!! However, I also know how great it feels to work out so the more power to you! I am going to be in Texas in October/November/December and plan on running daily to try to get back in shape. We should start doing it together! It will keep me motivated and we can push Addy in a jogging stroller!!