Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Weekend War

I am sitting at work with a million things running through my head. Hmmm which subject should I decide to blog about today. I know its been a few days since my last post, sorry about that but life has been extremely busy lately. I have been out of town just about every weekend since April. Crazy huh.....I have had baby showers, wedding showers, engagement parties, weddings, and other engagements out of town. I feel like I have no time to myself or with my husband. As I said before he is starting his own party rental business so he has been busy with that. When Im gone on the weekends he is busy setting up chairs and tables for weddings so he is unable to join me on my many adventures. Even though I see him every night I have been missing him terribly. We havent had a weekend lately where we can both just lay in bed with nothing to do and it wont be anytime soon either. This is the busiest time for The Main Event with all the weddings and such. (By the way if you need any item for a party give him a call 632-6400) Needless to say this brings me to why I was angry this weekend. I had a wedding to go on Saturday in Houston and had to leave by 3 to get there on time. I had told Todd earlier in the week that I wanted him to go with me because I didnt want to go by myself. All day on Saturday I was calling him asking him what all he had left to do so I could make sure he made it home in time. Well he ends up saying he doesn't want to go to the wedding and have to stay the night and blah blah blah!!! He says hes a homebody and I should know that, well I do know that but still I just wanted to spend a little time with him. It was about 3 15 when he got home and he decided to clean the kitchen. Are you kidding me??? cleaning the kitchen when he knows I want him to go to this wedding with me. So I pack my bag and tell him I love him even though I am extremely mad at this point and leave. OMG!! All i wanted to do was spend some time with my husband, is that too much to ask for??? I was really more hurt and upset than mad. Let me say it was a beautiful wedding and Todd would have loved it. It was just his style, very traditional, pipe organ and all. I decided I would send him a little text telling him what a beautiful wedding he missed and that I was still mad. Well lets just say I didnt stay mad for long. We texted back and forth and he just always puts a smile on my face. I never stay mad at him.

I love him so much and he makes me the happiest person. He brings out the best in me and has taught me so much. He makes me look at life in a different perspective. Gosh I just love that man so much, he is wonderful!!! I am one lucky girl to have such a great husband that loves me for who I am and treats me the way I should be treated.

I look at some of my friends who put up with so much crap from their boyfriends/significant other and I am just like why do you stay with that person. If you are not their number one priority and dont treat you with respect then they obviously dont know what love is. Dont stay in a one sided relationship, because you will wake up 20 years later and wonder why you did. There are good guys out there. I found my prince charming and I know you can too : )

I guess that is all for today, just wanted to write a little about my weekend and brag about my hubby. Even though he may not be perfect, he is really close to it!!! He brings so much joy to my life and just last night sitting on the couch watching The Bachelorette with him, I was so happy and couldnt ask for a better moment. Then we had a tickle war and he screamed like a girl!!! haha, I WON!!

1 comment:

chicks said...

Karah...Caroline and I love reading your blog. We can totally see Todd screaming like a girl.