


Its hard to believe its been 5 years since these pictures. We had the best wedding and I would do it all over again if I could. :)Todd and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary on Friday. It is hard for me to imagine that 5 years ago I was getting ready to become a married woman. I didn't have a clue as to how I would be a wife and take care of my husband. I somehow have managed to do a pretty good job and I would say I am pretty comfortable in my role as Todd's wife. Now 5 years later we are preparing to welcome our first child into this world. Our precious little baby girl will be joining us this September. I never imagined we would be having our first child in our 5th year of marriage. I honestly thought by now we would at least have 1 and maybe be working on a second one. As we all know God has his own plans and they are much better than mine. I am so thankful we have had these last 5 years together to just be "US" Its nice that we have built a solid foundation in our marriage and we are now both prepared and ready (as ready as we will ever be) to be parents. I am so excited about this new journey we are on and excited about the next 5 years. I often wonder what the next 5 years will hold. It will be interesting to say the least.
We usually don't do big gifts for each other but he always needs a new pair of summer loafers so I got him shoes and he surprised me with a cute dress and sandals. He did good (with help from his head elf......aka Mother) haha. We went and ate at Auntie Pastas and it was delicious. I love AP, I just hate that its 30 minutes away. The food did not disappoint, which I am glad since I had been craving it all week. We enjoyed our quiet little dinner date. It was nice to get dressed up and have a date night with the hubby.
I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband and soon to be daddy. I know he will make a wonderful father and I can't wait for him to hold our little girl for the first time. It will be the most precious moment in the world. I thank God every day for bringing such a wonderful man into my life.
We stopped by his parents for a photo op and to see our sweet niece. :)

4 comments:
Happy 5 years, glad you guys had fun and you got your pasta fix! :) Love the new backdrop on the blog, too. Adorable.
Y'all are just incredibly precious!!! So glad you had a great anniversary!!! :)
Happy ANV! Isn't it crazy how time flies!
I hope y'all had a great anniversary!!! I never thought we would be married five years before our first kid either but I'm so, so glad we had all those years to just be us. What a great five years it was!
You look gorgeous in your wedding pictures, but if it's possible, you're more gorgeous with that sweet baby bump!!
Post a Comment