Sunday, December 12, 2010

Santa came early

Santa came a little early this year.........

Todd and I have been talking about getting new living room furniture.....well.....for.....forever ago. We have been wanting to update out look for a while now. We (aka Todd) found the perfect couch at a local furniture store here. Every piece of furniture we have purchased for our house has been purchased from Castleberry's Furniture. We love going in there and looking around, and not to mention we are good friends with the owners. They go to church with us. :) So we finally found the perfect couch, that was the easy part. The hard part was trying to pick 2 chairs that we actually agreed on. I wanted something fun and unexpected and Todd wanted something a little contemporary but really more on the traditional side. We found a set of chairs we really liked and then came the hard part. Picking the fabric, you can pick any fabric you want. Talk about trying to make a decision. UGH!! We came across a leopard/cheetah print fabric and I knew that was it. I had my mind set. The hard part was trying to convince Todd it would look good.
So who do you think won? I should say in nicer terms Todd agreed the leopard chairs would look great. :)
Close up of the chair.....AHH SWOON!! :)
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO US!!
(All of these pictures are taken with my IPhone so excuse the quality)

What do you think? We LOVE it and we are so glad that our living room is finally coming together and it looks updated and fun and youthful!! We are still in debates about getting another couch where the 2 occasional chairs are (the leather ones) because we had 2 couches in the room before and that is where Todd laid down every night to watch television. Right now we are happy with the set up but we may eventually be getting another couch. Next we need a rug to finish off the room and it will be complete. I just love redecorating a room and getting new furniture, don't you?

Up next on the decorating front is our bedroom. We are thinking about painting it for the....umm...well 3rd time. haha. Yes we like to change our bedroom color A LOT!! We are also thinking of getting this bedding. I love the earth tones and am really loving grey right now. We want to paint the room a greenish/grayish color. Its very soothing.
PS: We had a wonderful ski trip to Breckenridge and I will do a post about that soon. Expect lots of pictures :)

5 comments:

Lauren said...

LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Brittany said...

Amazing! In love!

Brandy said...

I LOVE it and I think the leopard chairs are PERFECT!! :)

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

it all looks great! your house is so pretty and your decorations too! hope you're doing well!! Xoxo

Perfectly Imperfect said...

love it! those chairs are amazing!