Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Parties and Engagement

My nieces 2nd birthday party was July 17th. We had a nice family party at my in laws. It was so much fun getting to help plan and decorate for her party. I don’t consider myself a creative person but I do love to get my creative juices flowing. I enjoy decorating and helping to throw a party. I love it even more now that we are in the party rental business. I love starting with a theme and seeing how it all comes together. Of course I am no super party planner by any means. I can’t believe Miss Anna is already 2. It seems like we were just at the hospital yesterday waiting for her arrival. She is at such a fun age and I cherish every moment I get to spend with her. She definitely keeps you on your toes but she is SO FUNNY!! She just constantly makes me laugh and smile. Todd and I adore her so much. :)

I just wanted to post a few details and pictures of the party. 018 019 My mother in law came up with the idea of making this wreath and I thought it turned out too cute. I was going to make one with feather boas and she came up with idea of using tulle and away we went. I think it turned out adorable!!023 020 021

The kid table

024 025

Also if any of you need a banner or sign for a birthday party etc. I will make you one. I love making birthday banners. I can customize it however you want it. Just shoot me an email and give me at least 2 to 3 weeks notice so I can get it made and shipped to you. I recently made one for Britney for her baby girl Kennedy when the one she ordered off Etsy didn’t come through, and I am in the process of making one for Lyndsey for her sweet girls birthday in October.

You can see Miss Kennedy’s Birthday Banner here. Its the banner hanging on the mirror.

PS: My brother got engaged this weekend. I am so excited!! I have held this secret in since April and I finally get to tell me. You don’t know how hard it was not to tell anyone. He swore me to secrecy and I didn’t even tell Todd until Friday. 052 050 He picked out the ring all on his own. He did a good job, I was very impressed. :)

They are the perfect match and I am so excited to have Kate as my sister in law. I couldn’t have picked a better person for my brother to marry. Let the wedding planning begin.

zeke3 zeke1 zeke

5 comments:

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

It all looks so cute! Great job lady! and congratulations to you bro, that is so exciting :)

Kristin said...

so sorry i didn't make it to sweet anna's party. thanks again for the invite, i would have loved to have made it. :/ the wreath looks precious and you'll have to share with me how you made it!

Our Family said...

Hmm...I know a party that is going on in 3 weeks and a banner would make it pretty cute! : ) If you are up to it, I would love to order one for Addy's party. I have been looking on Etsy all day and have found some cute ones, but was thinking about making it myself. However, I am not very crafty! So let me know if you have the time to make it!! We are doing a farm animal theme party with red gingham, black and white and other primary colors. I was thinking about hanging one on mom and dad's fireplace because she will probably sit right in front of the fireplace to open presents.

Rachel said...

Such a cute party! I love the wreath your MIL made! And your banner is adorable. You're a crafty girl :)

Sam I Am said...

Great job on the party! You are not allowed to say that you aren't "Crafty"! LOL! I have seen Anna's scrapbook, you are totally crafty!