Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Prayers for my Nana

I don't even know how to start this post but I could really use some prayers from my blogging friends. My Nana has had the beginning stages of Alzheimer's for a couple of years now and just within the last year, it has gotten worse. About a year ago she was down visiting with my mom for 2 weeks and I drove down there to stay with her for the day. I took her to lunch and then to a movie. We had the best time and all she kept saying was how she couldn't wait to have a great grand baby and how she would help me take care of the baby when Todd and I decided to have kids. She told me how that was the best day she had had in a long time and loved me so much. Then, after I left to drive back home, my mom got home and asked her how she enjoyed spending the day with me and she didn't even remember. :( Her long term memory has been pretty good up until recently. She lives with my moms sister in Alabama. This week she couldn't even talk to my mom on the phone, she didn't know who she was talking to. Also she didn't know who my moms sister was today. The Alzheimer's is slowly but surely eating at her brain where she doesn't know who anyone is. I haven't seen her in about year so I am sure she will not know me either. This is so hard to watch her and my mom and aunt deal with this. Please keep my family in your prayers as we decide what our next move will be with my Nana. Thanks ladies :)

Sorry this picture is blurry but just wanted to show ya'll my Nana dancing at my wedding. She has always been so full of life and always having a good time. She loved to dance and she calls it "juking" When her and my Papa were young they would always go juking.


I hope everyone is having a wonderful St. Patricks Day :)

1 comment:

Queen Bee said...

I will keep y'all in my prayers. Alzheimers is such a painful thing to go through for everyone involved. Blessings!