Monday, January 5, 2009

Recipe Monday and much more

I know it has been a while since I posted Recipe Monday. Now that the holidays are over it's back to getting into the groove with Recipe Monday. The recipe is Christmas Morning Casserole. My mom only makes it on Christmas morning. It is so yummy and we only have it once a year : ( I am sure there are different variations to the recipe but here is my moms/Nanas version.
Ingredients
6 slices of white bread
6 eggs
2 cups of milk
2 cups of grated cheese
1 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp worchesire sauce
1lb ground sausage

Brown sausage and drain. Cut bread into small cubes, beat eggs, add milk and mix well. Add all other ingredients and pour into greased casserole dish (9x11). Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. ENJOY!!

Well, today started the first day of my lifestyle change as they call it. I am officially on my diet which includes lots of fruit and veggies and water. I am also writing down everything I eat which is making me realize exactly everything that I put in my mouth. I did so good today and am very proud of myself. I also put up pictures of skinny people on my fridge and on my bathroom mirror. I also put up a favorite quote of my moms. "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels" That quote is so true. I am really sticking to my diet. I am determined this year. Its a new year and a fresh start. I am so excited to see the results. My mom challenged me to lose 8lbs this month. That is her goal and so I am trying to meet that goal as well. Boot camp doesn't start until Jan 19th so I am going to start waking up early and walking/running before boot camp starts. I am going to try to get in a little shape before I get my butt kicked. haha.

On another note, is anyone watching The Bachelor tonight? There are a few girls I already can't stand. Dominque and Shannon. Can we say goofy and stalker?? Oh my gosh Shanon is a big time stalker. She already acts like she knows everything about Jason and he didn't seem to keen on that. I really like Lauren, she seems very sweet and genuine. I also like that girl from Seattle. She seems very sweet as well. Let me know your thoughts on the show? Which girls do you like? Which girl do you think should go?

I also got my copy of Twilight in the mail. I am looking forward to reading it. Anyone else read the whole series? What did you think? Its not a book I would normally read but with all the craze about it, I thought why not. I will let you know how it goes. I am in the middle of reading A Wink at Midnight by Sandra Dorsett. She is a really good friend of my moms and so far I am loving this book. You should definitely check it out. Racy, drama and intense all in one. Hope everyone had a great Monday. Only 4 more days until Friday!!

3 comments:

The Seelys said...

I am obsessed with Twilight!!! You will love it!!!

Olde Town Style Guide said...

YUM! That recipe looks delic! I can't wait to try it!!

Danielle said...

YUM! I've made that recipe before--it is SO GOOD! I think I should try to lose 8 lbs with you :)