Wednesday, November 2, 2011

First Road Trip

Two weeks ago Mary Kathryn and I made our first road trip to my parents house. To say I was nervous is an understatement. I was just praying that she would sleep all the way there.  She only had one crying fit thankfully and it didn’t last longer than 2 minutes. We had to be out of the house by 9:30 because I had a doctors appointment that morning. It was rush rush rush and I never thought I would make it out of the house. It is hard to get yourself and a baby ready and out of the house by 9:30. Luckily I had packed my car the night before so that helped. After my doctors appointment we headed to Houston to meet my mom, my best friend Janci, her baby girl Ella, and her mom for lunch. This was the first time I was getting to see Janci and Ella. I was so excited. Ella and Mary Kathryn are only a day apart and if their moms have anything to say about it they are on their way to be BFFs!!! It was so fun getting to spend the day with Janci, Ella and her mom. Ella is the best baby, she is so laid back. Of course when we wanted to take pictures Mary Kathryn decided she wanted to be fussy but I think we got a few cute ones. I can’t wait to watch our girls grow up together, its going to be so much fun. I’m already ready for another visit.

mk 024 mk 030 mk 036 mk 040 mk 051 mk 057 mk 055 mk 066 mk 071

On Saturday I met with my friend Kirby and mom and I went shopping and had lunch with her. Mary Kathryn was such a trooper as we dragged her along all day. It was so fun getting to see several of my friends and them getting to meet MK. I was so excited I was able to see so many of them. I hope to get back home again soon.

Taking a bath at Meecie’s (my mom)

mk 081 mk 082

Also, my dad got the first real smile out of Mary Kathryn. I told him that wasn’t fair because I am with her all day long. It was so cute though. She loves her PaPa.

mk 076 mk 077 mk 086

She gave me her first real smile on October 27th. This Mama heart completely melted. It was the sweetest and most precious thing ever. I love my baby girl so much, my heart just might explode. Todd and I are unbelievably blessed and sometimes we still can’t believe she is ours. It was has been such a fun ride so far. I can’t believe she is almost two months old. I am just savoring every moment!! For the past 4 nights my baby girl has slept through the night!!! She goes down at 11 and sleeps until 8. It has been wonderful, but I will say it makes me a little sad not having the middle of the night feedings. :( Time is going by too fast.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Love this!! These pictures are so so sweet!!!!! :)

~M~ said...

She is so cute!